Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

End of July! New-FO & Get it Done...

I did OK on my July Goals- 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering I had to quilt Rebekah's Baby quilt 
all by myself and went on a Retreat.
JULY Goals:
1-Get 2 Baby Girl Quilts Quilted and Bound, 1 DONE, 1 Needs Binding
2-Cushions and Pillows for the Porch - Nope
3-Re-Make Stitchin' Heaven Quilt -BLUE -Center is done, needs last borders

Sneak peek at quilting on Baby "Katie's Choice" quilt for Grand-daughter #6, Grandchild #19. Because of limited throat space I had to just meander in the center blocks.  The full "reveal" comes on Friday after the Baby Shower.
                                                       "Somewhere in Time"- Blue version 
 Center all sewn together after I "frogged" one 4-patch and put it the right way.  
I'm so glad there was only one and that I found it while sewing it together.
 27 "Midnight Flight" Blocks
 I found 1- 4-patch turned in one of the blocks I finished at Retreat.
Taking pictures has saved my quilt boo-boos this week.
****For my NewFO, I started the Fair Banner****
 HERE on July 15th so it counts as my NewFO.
This one will be one of  the August Goals for sure!  Only 24 days until I set up at the FAIR
AUGUST 2013 Goals:
1- WW Fair Banner
2- Borders on Somewhere in Time- Blue
3-Make 3 more Blocks and sew together - Midnight Flight, add Border.
4- NON Quilt Related- Make Blessing dress

While I was at the Retreat, DH got my front door and porch painted the 'right' color.
I'll Link up with Judy L HERE and with Cat Patches HERE

10 comments:

  1. Good job on your projects!
    I like the new blue door. I liked the old blue too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! Great projects. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretties - yes, taking photos of a project laid out does find the errors to fix before they become permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects photos do help with our little mistakes !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the baby quilt - very girly and cute! I'd say you did a great job on your goals! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Somewhere in Time and Midnight Flight! Two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those quilt tops are fabulous. I've also spotted more quilting mistakes with the camera than by just laying out the project and looking at it. Amazing the tricks our eyes can play on us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got some really nice projects going. I've found reversed blocks when taking pictures. The most recent was my Easy Street quilt. Sure glad I found it because it was one of the middle blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Somewhere in Time is just gorgeous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somewhere in Time and Midnight Flight are gorgeous! Your fair banner looks like a fun and quick project. Good luck with your August goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!