I got most of the Ornaments done and delivered to the Grandchildren while we were in Tri-cities yesterday. The forecast was for freezing rain in the afternoon so Paul drove me around and safely got us back home. I like when we can go together. It was a busy and FUN day.









I thought that Lambs were fitting since Christ uses Lambs a lot in his Parables and we are all His Lambs. My name being "Mary", I like to collect lambs. We missed seeing Coy and Lydia, and I mis-counted and will have to mail Vincent's to him. Ben and Jackson's are already mailed, Christopher and Caleb will get theirs later this week. The Grand-daughters got Angels, mostly because Elizabeth is in the Nutcracker as one of the Angels this year. She did a great job and I'm glad her mother could help back stage too. She wears the photo button proudly of her ANGEL.

Here are NaDell Olivia and I waiting for the "Nutcracker" to start.
You can see more pictures with Elizabeth on the
Ransom Blog.
The slushy Snow was falling like a sheet of white as we were getting to the Richland HS. NaDell had her $1 store umbrellas ready to protect the hairdos of the girls. I used my curing iron to make Olivia's curls. It's been quite a few years since we had our first Nutcracker experience, NaDell, Jeffery and Janessa all got the chance to go when we lived in Burbank. It's nice that Andy has gotten to be a part of it the past 4 years. Who would have thought that NaDell would have her family on stage all those years ago when I started giving her the Nutcrackers. My thanks to George, Andy's Father, who pays for the Girls to take BALLET.
I had to look in my older pictures to find the pictures of NaDell with Ringlets and my ringlets that my Mother used to put in my hair every Saturday and found a picture of me in one of my Ballet costumes too. The story that goes with this is... Every Saturday my mom, NaOla, would wash my hair and rinse it with vinegar. Then I would have to sit still while she brushed and twisted my hair around her finger to make the 'ringlets', putting 3-4 bobby pins to hold them in place. A scarf was put over my hair so I could sleep without disturbing them. I especially didn't like the fact that I had to sit and watch Lawrence Welk while she did them. I like to watch that show now when I'm able to. Funny how we turn into our Mothers' HUH?




I took Ballet from 3rd grade until I got Infectious Mono in the 9th grade and had to quit. My mother made my costume and the pink flowered dress I'm wearing in the picture with her. My mom even had my ballet class perform "Swan Lake" at my sister, Roma's wedding reception. I wish I had the pictures from that.
I thought we went to Nutcracker first when I was in third grade in Umatilla. I didn't go with the fifth grade groups because that started the year after I was in fifth grade.
ReplyDeleteI did go when we lived in Burbank, but that was 2000 when I went with Andy.
It was fun to go again. They make it a little different every year. =)
Thanks for the cute ornaments.
Cute pictures! We got ours Friday, maybe Saturday. (whichever...) Thank you!!! I emailed you some pictures of the boys with theirs. Love them!
ReplyDelete