Amy has given us many different categories to choose from this time around.
Mini
Small
Large
Applique
Art
Hand-Quilted
Home Machine Quilted
Original Design
ROYGBIV (Rainbow Quilts)
and Scrappy
You can find all the Links HERE
I already posted in the SCRAPPY Category HERE
I'm not a PRO at Hand quilting ---this goes into the mini Category HERE
You can't get much smaller than a 1.5" HST!
Quilt Stats:
"Ocean Waves"
12' Square
Machine Pieced and hand quilted with BIG Stitches by ME.
I LOVE this MINI quilt that I recently finished. It has a lot of special meaning
This is another quilt made using my Bonus Triangles that Noel, my Volunteer helper & I played with at the
Walla Walla County FAIR & Frontier Days last Labor Day Week-end.
I am the Superintendent for the Needlework Department.
I got to play in the Quilts and other Needle crafts, too
I spent a LOT time sewing on my Vintage and Janome Machines that week.
Demonstrating and showing a few Blocks.
(All of the 4.5" blocks for Nabby's Dowry were made using these 1.75" Bonus Triangles)
The goal was getting the people interested in stopping to take a look at our Display.
The Washington State Fair People that came by to 'judge' our displays liked that I was sewing at the Fair.
We won a BIG Ribbon for the Pavilion.
To make my Mini "Ocean Waves" I had to trim each hst to 1.5"
I used just a small part of the design from Bonnie Hunter's Ocean Waves FREE pattern HERE
It was so small I decided to try using Pearl cotton to hand quilt it with BIG Stitches.
I put the backing and batting on my Q-Snap frame and pin basted the top onto it.
It didn't take too long and I had it finished, bound and labeled
Ready to display at the Family History Seminar with my
Daughters of Utah display.
My 3rd Great Grandmother Handmade
8 Full-Sized Ocean Waves quilts in the first 3 months of her 91st year.
Quilting is in my BLOOD!
May 16-23 – Linky’s Open & Nominate for Viewer’s Choice
May 24-29 – Vote for favorites in each of the categories
May 30/31 – Winners announced
This is my 12th Entry in the Blogger's Quilt Festival in 6 years.
I've entered almost every year that Amy has been letting us share during Quilt Market time.
(I missed the first year Spring 2009 and Fall 2009)
2010 May entry is HERE
2010 October entry is HERE
2011 May entry is HERE
2011 October entry is HERE
2012 May entry is HERE
2012 October entry is HERE
2013 May #1 entry is HERE
2013 May #2 entry is HERE
2013 October #1 entry is HERE
2013 October #2 entry is HERE
2104 May #1 entry is HERE
Thanks for stopping by my Blog.
I appreciate all the comments, sorry I don't allow Anonymous Comments.
I don't even ask if you are a robot...lol - I can do the numbers but the words boggle my mind.
I will try and reply to your comments or go to your Blog and leave a comment if you entered the Festival.
It's my Favorite time of a Blogger's YEAR!
Thanks AMY!!!







You have my uttermost respect and awe with those mini pieces. I would either chop my finger tips off or bang my head off the wall :)
ReplyDeleteHey, we're half-square sisters ! You must have read that I used my leftovers to piece the arrows on the back of my quilt........I always feel guilty if I don't save them, but then I rarely do anything WITH them !
ReplyDeleteYou paid homage to your 3rd great grandmother in a beautiful little way ! Congrats !
Beautiful! And wow, what tiny pieces!
ReplyDeletePretty colors. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI, too, always make the "bonus" triangles when I have a chance. I just arranged a bunch but haven't sewn all of them yet. 1.5" takes a while... :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat job and way to use those crumbs and tiny pieces up!
I love Ocean Waves! Yours HSTs are amazing! Beautiful!
ReplyDeletewow, i can't believe how tiny those HSTs are!! great job! and your grandma made 8 quilts in 3 months?!?
ReplyDelete