Friday, May 16, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival -May 2014- Scrappy Quilt

AmysCreativeSide.com

IT'S Time!!!
My Favorite Online Blogger's Quilt Show HERE

I thought and thought of which category to enter a quilt into and since meeting Bonnie Hunter last year, 
I've gone totally SCRAPPY!

My Favorite Scrappy Quilt that is totally finished is:  

"Parcheezi"
(picture shows Me and the Pattern designer at a Local Quilt show)

"Gameboard" Pattern by Eddie Walker
She was inspired by two books by Kaffe Fasset and Sarah Feilke

I cut the wedges from my Blue, Tan, Cream and Brown Scraps.
The 10 degree Ruler made it easy to cut all the pieces out.
After the second class I laid them out and I thought they looked like "butterflies".

The only fabric I bought was for the setting pieces that were cut with the bottom Template. 
Eddie cut the 'templates' from an old hard cutting mat.
I worked on sewing the blocks together while I sat at the FAIR last Labor day.
Blocks stacked waiting to be trimmed and laid out.

All laid out on my Design floor.
My layout ready to sew together.
I added borders and quilted the swirls on it with my Viking 18-8
Finished 2-12-14
Size: 68" x 67"
I quilted the swirls because you have to spin the wheel before you move on a Parcheezi game.


I hope you like my Quilt and will consider it for a Nomination in the Scrappy Category.
Blogger's Quilt Festival Schedule and full Details are HERE.

May 16-23 – Linky’s Open & Nominate for Viewer’s Choice
May 24-29 – Vote for favorites in each of the categories 
May 30/31 – Winners announced
Thanks for your comments!

8 comments:

  1. I love it Mary. Every time I see a vintage or antique quilt in this pattern (not the thinner wedding ring style), I want to make it. Was it very difficult to do, or time consuming? I'm wonder if I can adapt my Quick Curve Ruler for this pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a gorgeous quilt. Love the fabrics you used. What did Eddie use to cut the mat. I've used tin snips and got OK results but would love to know a better option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt - the quilted swirls are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so much work in that quilt! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making one of these in similar colors! Really great quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com