When I took my Pink project out to show Lynn on Wednesday, we decided that I would need to basically take it all apart and re-sew it. She said she couldn't Quilt That much wrinkling Out.
Have you heard that song?
Cathy Miller's Song "You Can Quilt that Out" It's pretty funny!
So, it's back to the drawing board with it and I'll have to just put it on the back burner again.
I did get the Miters cut for the border on my BOM "The Romance Continues" quilt. Thanks to the new Ruler from Marti Michell. It's called her favorite Mitering Ruler for good reason!
Lynn got this Accuquilt Die (on the left)by mistake and asked if I wanted it. If my hand keeps hurting, my Baby Go might be my best way to cut. While I was out at Thread and Bolts, I broke her 6.5" ruler.
I went to JoAnn's to get a replacement and they don't carry the 6.5" Omnigrid anymore. I found this BIG numbered one by EZ quilting. Lynn found them on her EESchencks website so she will order one.
I guess I have a new ruler...
I also picked up a copy of the 'Quilts and more' magazine and went to a thrift store and found the remnants of fabric that is rolled up there. I keep adding to my neutral stash, the green called to me, the price was right.
Saturday I have a SEW-In with my Quilt Guild and will be trying to cut out and sew some "House Blocks" for our Local "Habitat for Humanity" quilts. Wish me luck!
We make and present a quilt to the new homeowners for the houses built in our area.
My Daughter by Love's Cousin has a Webstore and is re-launching it. HERE is the Link. Go check it out.
WELCOME to all the NEW Followers, GFC is going away in July so you can go and follow me with Bloglovin' by clicking on the ICON in the sidebar or HERE.
That is such a beautiful quilt top, and I hate you will have to take it apart. :( Love your new finds, too. Hope your wrist starts feeling better, soon.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry your Mariner's Compass needs to be reconstructed. It is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteToo bad about your hand--the die cuts may be your best friends now.
Looks like you have had a bunch of fun new additions.
I thought GFC was staying put and just Google Reader was going away.
Oh Mary, that stinks that you have to undo your entire piece...it really was so pretty...and I know how much you were loving it! So sorry your wrist is acting up...but it sounds like you know how to make lemonade! :)
ReplyDeleteThat un-sewing is always such a nightmare. It looks so pretty so I hope you can get it figured out.
ReplyDeleteTake care of that wrist so you can be back at the cutting soon.