Way back on the last day of June Bonnie Hunter sent out the "Call for Quilts" HERE
I have had a quilt hang in the Quiltmaker Gallery before.
I was so happy to send a Picture to Bonnie and tell her "PICK ME, Please!!"
I started making these in April. Thinking they would be this year's L/E.
The pattern was in the May/June issue of Quiltmaker in
"Addicted to Scraps" column by Bonnie Hunter.
Above are pictures of my Scrap tote and my 1st block laid out.
It wasn't long before I had 11 blocks made.
I even made some at the Retreat in June
Here is one that I made then.
Here is one that I made then.
Much to my Horror, I came home and made a few more just like this.
Can you tell where I went WRONG???
The "froggin' tool was put to good use, QUICK!
Then I laid them out on my Floor and auditioned sashings.
Light or Blue?
I couldn't decide so I used both
I liked how it looked with the borders done with Light on one side and the Blue on the other side.
Here is the Flimsy - finished on the 3rd of July.
I e-mailed this photo to Bonnie and got her reply.
YES! She wanted me to send it to Golden.
On the 4th of July, I loaded it on "Betsy" and got it all quilted on the 4th!
I used the "Feather's Around" Quilting design.
I used the "Feather's Around" Quilting design.
Quilt Stats:
Quilt Name: "When Bonnie Calls"
Pattern Name "Idaho Square Dance"
By Bonnie Hunter
Size: 47" x 47"
Pieced and Quilted by Mary Crowther
Started: April 2015- Finished July 4, 2015
Tuscany Batting
Signature Thread -Parchment
Quilting pattern "Feather's Around"
Quilted on "Betsy" Viking 18x8 Mega Quilting machine
Bonnie's Craft U classes started October 12th. You can register HERE
I skipped ahead and to my delight saw that they saved this class until the last.
My quilt is shown 2nd in the show and share part at the end.
I had to laugh when she called me "Marie".
Growing up plain Jane Mary Brown went to town, I take it as a compliment.
I asked her if I needed better penmanship on my label, :)
She said she just couldn't read it. I need a new Pigma Pen!
I had to laugh when she called me "Marie".
Growing up plain Jane Mary Brown went to town, I take it as a compliment.
I asked her if I needed better penmanship on my label, :)
She said she just couldn't read it. I need a new Pigma Pen!
Entered in "Small Quilt" category at 2015 Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival HERE
Nominations for VIEWER'S CHOICE through October 29, 2015
Click HERE
Nominations for VIEWER'S CHOICE through October 29, 2015
Click HERE








Pretty!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! Congratulations on getting picked. I like the quilting, so far as I can see it.
ReplyDeleteYour quilts are wonderful:))
ReplyDeleteLove your dual setting colors. That is so cool that it shows up in Bonnie's class.
ReplyDelete