Monday, June 7, 2010

Design Wall Monday 6-7-10

This is what my top looks like after the sashing stars are all done. It needs one more border so while it was on the design wall at Lynn's I put up what I want to use for the border. Pictured below is my choice. Lynn says it needs to be something different. We spent some time just choosing the center squares for the stars. I like what we finally found in the Robin Pandolph Basics line. Quilt guild is this Tuesday and I had hoped to have this done and quilted to show the ladies. This is our Guild Block of the Month and we are doing the basket block for June. In this quilt it's called Bunny Hop. So let me know if you like my choice. Check out other Design walls at Judy L's Patchwork times

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Mary. Those stars really make it sing. I like your choice of border but perhaps it needs a narrow plain border to separate the two patterns? The dark mauve colour you have used to set your blocks would be good. Finishing and making choices is always the hardest bit isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric you've picked for the final border - I'm just wondering if it needs one. I think adding the thin,darker mauve first would look good, but unless your outer border is going to be really wide I think it will take away from the star repeat in the sashing. Just my 2 cents or so:) Love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com