Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day- 2010

I know I'm slow, but had to take time to play with my fabrics after the fun day with the LONG ride. Paul and I woke up early and picked up Janessa and Jackson to drive to Moses Lake where we met up with my only sister, Roma and Gordon, her DH. I had hoped for a NO-RAIN day. In Moses Lake it was beautiful. The Cemetery was covered with flags and flowers. This grave was surrounded by a heart of peonies. We added a few and took pictures as we found the headstones of other friends and family and placed flowers. Our Mom called it "Decoration Day". We even found an old classmate of mine that is now family (shirtail relation anyway). Ron & Debbie Kerkes. Next it was on to MESA, where we had a Memorial Day Picnic happening. We used to get all the "Crowther Family" together and have picnics every Memorial Day. I thought it would be mean to invade Grandma and Grandpa at their house with all of our grandchildren this year so we invited them to join us in Mesa Park. Grandma asked if the rest of the family could be invited also. I said, "Sure, it's a big park, right?" It was so nice to get together as many as could come. Paul's count was 39 Crowther descendants in attendance. We had to take a picture of the little Great- grandchildren of Gordon and Zora. And one of the original G&Z Crowther Family. Diana and I agreed that someone needed to take the pictures so we weren't in the family picture. Pete and Cary were working. Thanks again to MILTON for wanting us to get together this Memorial Day. I think he has always been the one to ask, "Are we Invited?". He had to work, but he did get to come, even if it was late. Above you see Milton on the zipline. Even 85 year old grandpa Crowther went down once. Here's the top of the Zipline where the line of people are patiently waiting for their turns. The toys at Mesa were fun for the kids Young and Older. Here is Joseph coming down the zipline with Sam. Colby and I went on the swings way up high too, but no one took our picture.I took one of him after I got off. Here is Paul and some of the Crowther cousins on the old Teeter Totter. Seth spun Jackson around on this old disc. He was giggling so hard. and when he got off he was still spinning. Patricia came the farthest flying in from Vegas for Shannon's softball tournament and Graduation. Shannon had left to go to another party, Brenda and Michelle are pictured with her. It was Lisa's Daughter's 8th B-day so Lisa and Jose's family didn't get to come. Lastly I have to post a picture of me on the Zipline. My hands cover my face, but you know it is me by the "QUILTER" on my shirt.I did get the Blue and Brown Candy Kisses Quilt binding all done enroute. As we turned off on Clinton I took the last stitch.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun. It looks like everyone got in on the playing, not just the kids. That's the way we like it! Sorry we missed it. I wish we could come more often.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com