Saturday, June 5, 2010

Long Day - well spent

Paul and I spent a lot of Saturday on the road. It was a beautiful day with very few sprinkles. Our first stop was supposed to be at the Columbia Park to watch NaDell and Andy's girl's Dance Recital practice. Paul was too nice and let me sleep until after the time we should have left. So we stopped and saw Joe who put some more pictures on the re-writeable CD's I had made to take to Umatilla later that day. I scanned a bunch more Friday evening. Grandpa played Wii Bowling with Colby. Then it was off to see NaDell and Andy at their house and show her the quilt. The girls came to try it out for naps. hahahaha Next we went to the Columbia River Temple with the Turners and Jordan who will leave for his Mission in Brazil soon. the group shot will be on the private Turner blog. But here is Me with Wendy and Sylvia. The final stop on our loop was Umatilla to celebrate with my Uncle Don's family his 80th birthday. He is the last surviving brother of my father. I had fun gettting to see many of my cousins that live far a way in Idaho and Utah. The bonus was seeing my neice and nephew that we haven't seen for at least 6 years. Here we are with my father's family and Uncle Don. Uncle Don has many grandchildren who love him. They all said how he was so funny. Many memories were shared and beautiful music played and sung. My memory is that I wouldn't be here if my parents hadn't followed him to Washington. I rode my first horse and Motorcycle at his house. I didn't know how to stop the Motorcycle so I laid it down and my leg got burned on the muffler. OUCH! I remember spending time at their home with my parents, playing "annie, annie over" and "no bears are out tonight". I'm so glad we could share the evening with them all. Sorry the picture is so dark. This is him with my cousins.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to see your cousins and Uncle Don, along with some siblings.
    Thanks for coming to see us. I think you probably needed that extra rest to get through the day. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com