Here are the sheep, waiting to be 'sheared'
The Fehrenbacher's Farm brought them and I had to go and watch for a bit.
I started feeling very sorry for the poor sheep.
This last picture shows the belly Wool all removed and part of the back Wool is coming off all together.
I took my "BEGINNER" Bobbin lace project with me to finish and I did get it mostly done. It's BOOK WORM. I just need to cut it off the Bobbins now and take out all the pins. Marilee had to give me lots of reminder help of how to do the Cross Twist Cross (the Cloth Stitch). I haven't worked on my project much during the Summer.
We have a Teacher's Showcase coming up this Tuesday at the Odd-Fellows. Below are some of the examples of theWalla Walla Lacey Lacers group. Tatting, Crochet, Knitting, Bobbin Lace, Romanian Lace, Needlelace, and Stick/Straw weaving too
Here is my Friend Marilee, she posed for me with all of her projects.
Our Group has a Spinner's and Weaver's group that has 'spun-off'. they have a lot of fun with it.
This is Betty, she was Spinning.
I only stayed for a couple of hours. Our Walla Walla Lacey Lacers have done this for a few years and I've missed going for some reason or another. My calendar doesn't always allow me to go everywhere. And my Quilting/SEWING still takes most of my time. I was up at 4:15am to take Paul (DH) to work so a NAP was also on the agenda...Truck is in the SHOP this time.
I had to go home and wait for my Krispy Kremes (WA Hi Cross Country Team is selling them as a Fundraiser)...and to Watch Bonnie Hunter on her QuiltCam, LOL. These 4 Flying Geese Blocks got sewn for the Pam Buda Nabby's Dowry SAL. These are the last ones to make for this quilt. Janet O has shown a Guess Layout HERE from my Comment that 13 Blocks work in an ON-Point setting. Pam Buda replied to my comment by e-mail and said, "Don't be too sure". We will all find out how she has hers set together this coming Friday. NO Stitching them together, YET!
I will post how my Blocks look with Janet's test/guess setting on my Design Wall Monday Post in the AM.I am waiting to start on the Loyal Union Sampler for when the LUS Yahoo Group starts the Block of the Week. My Quilt TOPS pile is getting deeper...
You are one busy lady!
ReplyDeleteOh, I haven't had a Krispy Kreme in years. I swore off donuts back then and I think I have only cheated twice. : )
I am interested to see your Nabby's Dowry blocks laid out.