2 for the Aloha LUS (Loyal Union Sampler) and 2 for the Blue and White one. I have 2 more to sew. I was browsing and catching up on my Blogs and saw THIS POST over at Quiltaholic's Blog. She showed and compared some of the Blocks from the Suylvia's Bridal Sampler to ones in the new Book to make the Loyal Union Sampler. Many of the Blocks are the same but with different color placement and a different name to go with the Civil War era. Very Interesting if you want to go and see. Anne Ida is one of the lucky ones who has a full quilt in the Loyal Union Sampler Book.
Because I was gone to the Ricky Tims Super Seminar most of the week, I knew I'd need something for MONDAY. I saw the REVEAL of Pam Bono's Nabby's Dowry SAL and am happy to say Janet O was very, very close to the setting. I will just have to add the sashings in the correct sizes for my smaller Blocks and I can finish this quilt top soon. There wasn't time this week to sew it together. Maybe Next month even get it quilted with the inspiration from the Seminar. See these fun pictures of the Wall Paper and carpets at the Red Lion!
Inspiration is EVERYWHERE.
I am sharing this LINK to Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Blog to make and send Quilts to Colorado to help out the Flood Victims. Go check it out if you can help. I'll be asking my fellow Guild Members to donate too.
I found my other SWAP Blocks from the Block Party so I can put them all together. This is our Walla Walla Valley Quilt Festival week so my sewing time will be limited. I have a block I can hand sew while I am sitting at the Guild Booth. I got my Quilts and projects all finished this year so I just had to run them over and drop them off between Church classes today. I can show them on next Monday's Design Wall.
Click HERE to see all the Fun Blogs linking up in Blog land!
Click HERE to see all the Fun Blogs linking up in Blog land!
A lovely start to your two versions of the LUS, Mary! I look forward to following your progress on both of them. Feeling my fingers itch to sew some more of these blocks - perhaps make a "Sylvia and the Civil War"-quilt... ;-)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh, Mary, I can't believe you are going to make 2 of the LUS quilt! You are a glutton for punishment, aren't you? : )
ReplyDelete