Friday, October 24, 2014

2014 Blogger's Quilt Festival- Small Quilt

AmysCreativeSide.com

It's time again for the Blogger's Quilt Festival and I have to show off my 
Red and White Quilt, of course.
I am entering it in the Small Quilt category HERE
It could have fit the Original Design Category too.

 It has a name now...

"Diamonds & Rubies"
Designed, Pieced and Quilted by Mary Crowther (aka: quiltingrandma)
42" square
Made with Red Shadow Play & Kona White.
Warm & White batting
Quilted with Signature Red Verigated Thread.

I started this quilt in June for the SewCalGal Red & White Challenge.
It didn't take too long to make it. Once I got started.
I finished the top just in time for the BIG Reveal September 30th.
Then I got it quilted and entered in the "Show It"  HERE in October.
I used EQ-7 and chose the 9-Patch Star block for the medallion center.
I changed how it was put together eliminating a few seams and the mitered corners.
You can read more about that HERE.
Here is a close-up of the center with the quilting that I did on my Viking Mega Quilter 18-8 "Betsy"

The quilt patterns are:
Lana's Freebie in the border squares in a square.
BDR Kim's Swirl in 3 sizes for the 3 red borders.
Chantilly Block #2
Windee 4 for the white space from Wasatch quilting.

I know this quilt would have made my mother very happy.  She loved the color RED!
It has been fun to show off on Facebook and spotlight it on my Blog again.
I think I need to make another one in my favorite color- Purple!
I hope you like it and will consider Nominating it for Viewer's choice October 24th-31st.
HERE is the link to Nominate your favorite 3 quilts.
& then Voting for it starting November 1st.
Thanks for coming to look, Comments are appreciated!

10 comments:

  1. It looks beautifully balanced and the classic colours are always a pleasure to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well here's a grandma that just loves this / the red and white just pop. Love the color and design :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous, congratulations:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice finish, Mary. And I do like the name you have chosen! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quilting you did! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job! I love that medallion, and the quilting suits it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red and white always looks so good. Great job on this one...love the quilting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, make a purple one! The quilting is awesome on this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com