The month is half over and I have to see what still needs to be worked on from my October Goals
October Goals
1-Catch up on A- Z for You and Me Blocks- need to make K-Z and put Center together. I made a few at Retreat
2- Work on Roma's DWR at Retreat Yep
3- Christmas Gifts for the Grandchildren
4- NewFO- Lamb Quilt (QM June 2014 issue)
5 - Quilt the Mariner's Compass RR for Cassie
6- Quilt the Red & White Challenge DONE
That leaves some Secret projects that I can't show, my NewFO and Cassie's Mariner's Compass.
I am anxious to make this even though it won't be for a grandchild.
I put it on my NewFO list before meeting Deonn at the Big Town Quilt Show in Midway, Utah.
I have the Accuquilt Baby Go and Half Hexigon Go die and can cut it out quickly if I can just stay home.
So for now the Mariner's Compass is back on the wall again.
I don't really have any excuses for not getting the borders on at Retreat
I left my Pinwheel blocks and tape measure at home though.
I can get it quilted this week if decide what to quilt on it soon. I have all the stuff I need to do it!
Any suggestions for quilting?
Click HERE for your Design Wall Monday Inspiration!



Your Mariners Compass is gorgeous! What a bright, happy quilt. The lamb quilt is adorable! Looks like it will be a fun one to make.
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous quilt! The big white triangles will want to feature some nice quilting!
ReplyDeleteThis really is a beautiful piece! I'm brain dead when it comes to quilting designs, but you sure do have a lot of white space to fill!!! Cute picture of you and Deonn!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a cute lamb design.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Mariner's Compass. Those white corners are crying out for feathers--other than that, I have no idea. : )
Oh Mary, you make me laugh. My favorite part in you post is "..if I can just stay home." Hilarious!!! Good luck my friend!
ReplyDeleteI vote for feathers in the white area. They would really pop!
ReplyDeleteYes, feathers in the big white triangles! Love the bright colors.
ReplyDelete