Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Red & White Challenge- SHOW IT!

red and white quilt show - Show It - You design and Made it
Its time to SHOW IT! HERE


I made my goal, no thanks to troubles with "Betsy"
When I posted the top it was the evening before the Deadline HERE.
Nothing like a 'deadline' to motivate me.

The quilt patterns are:
Lana's Freebie in the border squares in a square.
BDR Kim's Swirl in 3 sizes for the 3 red borders.
Chantilly Block #2
Windee 4 for the white space.




"Betsy" is my Viking 18-8 Quilting machine with QuiltSewClever.
It was quilted it with a Verigated Signature Red thread on top and a solid Red on the bottom.
I like the swirly quilt patterns. Can you tell??
I used a Soft & White Polyester Batting and binding is more of the Red ShadowPlay.
The label is a square of Kona White folded diagonally in the corner.
I found this backing at my LQS.  
It was extra wide so I didn't have to piece the fabric I thought I was going to use.
( I have the rest of it to use for another fun quilt.)
I would probably quilt it differently if I had to do it over again.

This quilt still needs a Name.
On Facebook I got many suggestions for the name of this one.
In no particular order...
Red Chicken
Regal Aristocrat
Strawberry Patch
Star Bright
Rubies and Diamonds
Diamond Bliss in Red
Diamonds are a Girls' Best Friend
Velvet Star

Any thoughts from my Blog visitors???

More Red & White Quilts can be seen HERE

EDIT: Voting Starts on the 14th.
You have to click the Link and Vote by clicking on the Heart in the upper right Corner
 of the Picture Icon in the Linky there.
I hope you like my Entry!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like Betsy finally played nicely! Very pretty results, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty quilt--I think the quilting is great! I'm horrible at choosing names--sounds like you have lots of creative options. Did you manikage to stay up for the eclipse?,

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! So glad you finally have the opportunity to be creative with your own resources. That backing fabric is one of my favorite designs. I used it in brown on my 1892 Rondure. Clever way to do the label too --keeps it quick and easy! Love it!

    names....hmmm. Scotch Cross. Not sure it even applies for real, but seemed like more of a medallion in the center so tried to think of something that it might represent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's really pretty and I love the quilting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely design - and lovely quilting too. Grin I'm a bit like that with deadlines too - but I didn't get mine quilted!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the name Diamonds and Rubies, it seems fitting. Will you be bringing this to guild for us to admire?
    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the swirly quilting and vote for diamonds and rubies for the name. And like you, deadlines work for me too! Sorry to hear about your troubles with Betsy-- I hate having troubles with my machines, especially when trying to meet a deadline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com