The day is come and gone now. I had 4 boys at Church with me. Two fell asleep during the meeting. It was funny to watch as their heads just drooped and landed on their brothers' shoulder. Poor Jared couldn't move. The talks weren't that boring... They were good boys and asked on the way home if they were 'reverent'. I guess their parents let them "practice" sitting reverent on the couch at home, just like my children did in Umatilla. Milton, Christen and Lydia joined us for Sunday dinner. Milton used to always ask on the way home from Church if we were "invited" to G-ma and G-pas for dinner. It was fun to remember past Mother's Days. I was thinking it was 9 years ago we were expecting our first grandchild and Joe came home from his Mission to Guatemala and spoke in Church on Mother's day. I wore the same dress yesterday that I wore 10 years ago. [correction:10 Mother's Days ago]. Joe has only been home 9 years from his mission and Jared is only turning 9 this June. WEIRD how that happened, but I went looking for a Purple Dress to wear with the corsage Janessa had delivered and that one came to mind. I asked Jared to take my picture outside by our snowball tree so I could show Janessa a picture with it on.

I wish I could just not talk when I'm waiting for the picture to be taken, I always look funny. I'm not mad, it just looks like I am.


I did it again when Milton joined me in a picture. I took a picture of Christen with her 5 children too.
They brought me a 'Willow Tree' figurine called "Child's Touch".
I appreciate just being remembered on Mother's day. Brant wrote me a nice letter, that arrived on Saturday and asked if I'd rather have flowers or a card. The letter was fine. Joe and Kori bought me flowers and Andy and NaDell brought home a pincushion with a thread bag below it to sit by my sewing machine from their trip to Wallowa Lake (it is pictured in the slideshow). I got a cute e-card from Mandy & Ben and phone calls Sunday from NaDell, Brant, and Janessa. I think another of my very favorite Mother's days was when I came home from a PTA convention in Portland, and Paul had planted me 6 rose bushes in Umatilla. One for each of our 6 children. Now he just reminds me that he only has one MOTHER! I'm ok with that, now.
After a 2 hour nap I felt much better and today I'm a bit sore from using muscles that haven't moved quite as much in a while.
The story behind wanting a picture by the Snowball tree is related to my Father and his planting of the snowball tree in my childhood backyard in Moses Lake. I have taken starts from the one in Moses Lake to Mesa to Umatilla to Burbank, and Milton has some in Kennewick now. The house here in Walla Walla already had one so I haven't gotten another start YET! Paul keeps pruning it and I think it should be left to grow however BIG it wants to. The grandchildren noticed the huge one across from the Church on 2nd street after Church yesterday. We counted and pointed to all the beautiful white and pink and dark pink Dogwood trees on the way to Church. I love springtime here in Walla Walla with all of the trees in bloom!
Dogwood trees-I was pointing them out to Olivia to keep her busy last week on our walk home from dropping Elizabeth off at school and she told me that the pink ones are "girl dog trees". Just so you know.
ReplyDeleteI think we might need to get one.
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.
We love you!