A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Monday, August 31, 2009
Design Wall - Some Finished quilts
It's Monday, time for my Design Wall again. See Judy L's Blog for more design walls. I finished four quilts last week so all I have on my walls is my SBS quilt.
I thought I would show my Quilt Buddy's SBS wall this week.
Next is my DGD #2 Olivia's Birthday quilt with D9P's. I stitched the Binding down on our way to deliver it to EE Schenks in Portland for a competition there. I found that the Fairfield 80/20 batting (from JoAnn's) 'pilled' really bad on the Kona Black fabrics. note to self: don't use it with dark fabrics unless you have lots of sticky paper on your lint roller. We did find a little fun tool at the warehouse called a "Cotton Picker" that we wished we had when we were trying to get all the lint off before turning Olivia's quilt in.
This is the block I used to check what size I wanted to cut the black and white and red fabrics to make Olivia's Quilt. It will be donated to Humanitarian Services.
I tied this one with buttons to enter in the WW FAIR. The flowers are English Paper Pieced and the sashing is scrappy. This was made from the 'Chunky strips' I got at Guild and changed my mind about donating to Charity because it was too cute.
This is Jackson's quilt made of my collected Flannel 'firefighter" fabrics.
The Reunion Quilt is entered as well as Lydia's Happy flowers and the Christmas Quilt I made for Joe and Kori.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(172)
-
▼
August
(15)
- Design Wall - Some Finished quilts
- Gift Overload
- Jackson Is TWO!!
- Delivering a Quilt to "Trends"
- Design Walls August 24th
- The "Cool" Birthday Party
- Olivia is 4 today
- Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Quilt
- Design walls -Monday 8-17-09
- 33 years ago today...
- 8-10-09 SBS Design Wall
- Reunion & Handprint Quilt
- Floors and Motivation
- August 3rd -Design Wall Monday
- AHHHHHH, the taste of Summer
-
▼
August
(15)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
Lydia's quilt is the pattern for Gavin's quilt. Thanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteYou mean Olivia's Quilt... I'll help you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck at the fair!!! I love purple flowers.
ReplyDelete