Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blue and Red Ribbons

Today my Quilting Buddy and I went to the FAIR to see what color Ribbons my quilts earned. I'd heard from my DH that my jar of Apricot Jam had won a Ball Canning award and a Blue Ribbon. The Strawberry Jam got a RED, the same as the last two years on Paul's Strawberry Jam. I say if the Judges tasted it they would give a BLUE ribbon to all of them. Three of the four quilts are sporting BLUE Ribbons. My friend Wendy got a Red Ribbon on her quilt for her new grandson that is expected in October and Blue Ribbon on her quilt for her new grand-daughter she just met. They were hanging near my Purple Flowerpot quilt and Lydia's Happy String Flower quilt so they are in those pictures. The Reunion Quilt has the RED one. I guess I made a mostly RED quilt so it got a Red Ribbon. Not too bad for my hard back-breaking work this past week finishing the quilts. hahahaha :) Thanks to my grandchildren for sharing the quilts for me to show off! Today was FREE entry day until 3 pm so we spent only our time at the Fair. Tonight I'm wishing I was at the Fair- listening to Blake Shelton, but Paul doesn't like how loud the music is at the Fair Concerts. Or maybe it's my singing along...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com