A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Walla Walla Quilt Festival 2009
The week-end is over and my quilts are all back home. Soon two of them will be on some grand-daughter's beds! I didn't post a picture of my Ten years / Ten colors Challenge quilt before the show so I can post it now. I called it "Quilter's Shades". Not very original, but a litteral take on the theme...
I had fun making it. I used my favorite blender fabrics; Quilter's Shades Plus, that are now dis-continued at Hancock Fabrics. I didn't win any prize, but learned a few things by having it judged. The Featured quilter was Pamela Mostek, she judged the challenge quilts. Her new book about "Blended Borders" is coming out soon. She did Demos each day on her technique of raw edged applique that she used for the blended borders.
The Local Featured Quilter was Barbara Bohlman. She was working on a "Storm at Sea" quilt that she is making all by hand.
They had an area devoted to the Memory of Carrie one our guild members who passed away this year.
Many of the "Pathways to the Stars" quilts from the class taught by Roxanne Carter this past spring were finished in time for the show. Some of the quilts are in a slideshow on the sidebar of my Blog here for a while.
Peoples choice was won by our local hand applique teacher and hand quilter Jess Berry. He hand quilts one quilt a year and this one featured "Orchids"
Other Peoples choice winners were Becky Martin for her "Martian" quilt, and JoAnne Stillman for her "Bear".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(172)
-
▼
September
(13)
- Relief Society Sisters Meeting
- The "Stash"
- Owie...
- DESIGN WALL 9-21-09
- Walla Walla Quilt Festival 2009
- Happy Birthday Baby girl- all grown up...
- Colby J is 5 today...
- Design Wall update 9-14-09
- Quilt Buddy's B-Day Trip
- My Eldest Son's 32 Birthday
- In honor of 9-09-09
- Monday's Design Wall in Walla Walla
- Blue and Red Ribbons
-
▼
September
(13)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.
Note: I don't share any of your Private information!