Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday 8 year old...

On the occasion of my Grandchildren's 8th Birthday I have so far been able to take them out to eat and to take pictures at the Columbia River Temple.  Coy is the 4th of my 17 grandchildren to reach this milestone and today was his day. Our first stop was at the Temple since sundown was coming soon.  I had wait until Coy was home from school to go. My Mother -in-law always said the 'one on one' time with the grandchildren was the BEST!  I have to agree.

His mother warned me that she was not responsible for where he would ask to go...He likes seafood and Grandma DOES NOT eat any seafood other than Tuna.  Last week when I arranged the 'date' he was saying "The Great Wall" a local all you can eat Chinese place (it has lots of seafood there too). I figure that it's their choice where we go so I can deal with it, right? Skipper's it was.  It was nice that they had Root Beer Floats. 
The guy who served us took this picture for me.
eating the tiny shrimps

I was happy and surprised that he ate most of his dinner. Chowder, coleslaw, fish, Root beer float, and Shrimps- tails and all.  See the concentration of taking the tails off? Opps, the whole shrimp came out. LOL   Sad that he took his birthday watch off in the restroom and forgot to put it back on. See, no watch in these pictures... Funny thing is, really not so funny for Coy- but, his father lost his Birthday watch on his 8th Birthday.  I have a picture of him wearing it- the only proof he got it. Coy had his about 24 hours longer than his father did.

5 comments:

  1. Great 8th birthday idea, Mary. (I've only had one grandchild turn eight so far.) That is one Temple I have yet to see.
    Nice of you to tolerate the seafood. : )
    How sad to lose the birthday watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to enjoy the day!
    Grandkids are great fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have to agree, the one-on-one time is the best! Happy birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember how sad I was when I lost it too. Good thing he has half of Christen's DNA and doubled my time. ....Funny thing is that now I hardly EVER wear a watch....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Coy is getting so big! I love the seafood idea! Sounds yummy. ;) Great pictures too of Coy by the temple! Looking forward to coming soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com