Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Stash Got Me Hooked

After meeting Tula Pink and seeing her fabrics up close and hearing the stories behind them.  I am HOOKED!  I don't know what I want to make with them just yet.  I have way too many things running in my head already that have DEADLINES as usual.  I did get my TESTER Quilt done and Mailed to TEXAS.  I'm awaiting the payment.  That will help when Lynn and I go to TRENDS at EE Schenks in September.
Lullaby made for MODA Fabrics
See the Owl, Bunnies and Duck?
The Birds and the Bees made for Free Spirit
The Birds Bees and Butterflies are flying in the apple trees.
Next is Spacedust, a Purple graphic and Ladybugs- who could resist?? 
The Parisville line isn't my favorite but I need this one to put the corners on the Siggy Square I had her sign.  It has "Eyes".  Can you see them?
I plan to use some of the animals in more of my Farmer's Wife Blocks.  I have a block called 'Butterfly in the Crossroads' coming up to make and 'Farmer's Daughter' for SBS to make. They are similar looking but fabric color placement is different.  Another name for the block is 'Sister's Choice'.  I only have 30 Farmer's Wife Blocks left to make.  I think I might be able to get them made before the Quilt Festival in September but I'm not sure I can get it quilted in time. I have my Bargello with a Twist quilt to enter and it is closer to completion. Wish me Luck. 
FAIR Weeks start next week with Umatilla, Oregon, then Moses Lake (Grant County) and Benton Franklin County fairs.  Labor day week-end is the Walla Walla County Fair, deadline for entries is this week-end and I'm still debating if I will enter anything this year. 
That also means it's been almost 36 Years since the Shy Guy from Mesa and I met.

This is the week I wanted so badly to be in Virginia with Jennifer Chiaverini and Bonnie Hunter with the Quiltmaker Retreat.  I'm not feeling guilty at all for buying a bit of Tula Pink Fabrics...so glad I am not doing the STASH Report this year.

APQS is Giving away a Lenni LongArm Machine December 17, 2012.  I think it would make a great Christmas Gift to myself this year.  To keep myself reminded to enter this contest, every day, I'm posting the link HERE.  "HELGA" just isn't big enough to do want I want to do.



I'm spending a lot of time watching the Olympics on TV. My favorite is when the Olympic Athletes stand with their hands on their hearts and sing along with the National Anthem as the USA Flag is raised.
GO USA!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I like the ladybug fabric best, Mary, but there is a lot of fun stuff there.
    When you say "Fair Week", does that mean you go to all those fairs? That would keep a girl busy!
    We just celebrated our 34th anniversary this summer, but we had known each other for many years prior to that. We aren't even sure when we first met--our parents knew each other, and we just sort of felt like we always knew each other, too. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com