Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Saying Farewell to a Gentle Giant

A life cut short, but lived to it's fullest!  
Vaughn Jay Squires we will miss you!!!

His family at the Cemetery.  It's not goodbye, just farewell for now. 
The view from his grave site in Melba. Idaho, Beautiful!


 I give the camera to my husband and this is what I get... Not my best side. I see how gray my hair is getting though :/ time to go see my Niece.
 
Just a few of the Waite cousins who came back to the church for the Family Dinner.
 I'm so glad we made the trip, quick and a long drive, but I had to go.  One of my Cousins, not pictured, that saw me said, "I knew you would be here."  Another told me I'm looking more like my Grandma Waite.  Is that good or bad?  I don't know. I learned that my Cousin, Vaughn received the Silver Beaver Award from Scouting.  What a Guy.  He devoted his life to service and I know as for me I will never forget his kindnesses or his Pancakes! The two on the right are his Brothers and the one on my left is one of his two sisters.  I had to take a lot of mental pictures of the cousins that came.  All but one of the 7 Waite families were represented.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have an eternal perspective when these separations come, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to what Janet said, for sure. Nice looking family! And a beautiful view, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com