I have two quilts in progress to show today. First up is my Mystery by E-mail quilt. The same one I showed on Last Monday's DWM POSTING, Remember? As far as I can presume the Option 2 is the solution to the Mystery.
Here is my Quilt almost a Flimsy. Banter on the Facebook page made me stop sewing the rows together. Heather reminded us there is one more CLUE. And her DH keeps taunting us with Rip-It, Rip-It jokes.Right or wrong this is how it will go. I have stared a 2nd one to make with the other Layout Option. Just because I can...
I selected some colors for the Commission Quilt I am making for a Lady in my Church. She paid $$ to our Ward Girls's Camp Fund so I get to make her a Quilt. These are some of her favorite colors.
I made up half of the Center in the extra hour of sewing time I had on Saturday night. I showed it to her at Church and got the reaction I needed to go forward and finish it. I found the Pink-y fabric in my Stash and though for a change a colored background might be fun. Paper-Piecing still isn't my favorite, but I like this pattern and she LOVED it. The center Measures 18" finished.
The Pattern is from Jennifer Chiaverini's "Round Robin" Quilt Book. The 2nd book in her Elm Creek Quilter's series. I wont' be doing the whole quilt as it is pictured. Just a Lapsized this time. the 2nd round is square in a Square 4.5" blocks on point.
Entering HERE Everyday until December to win the APQS Long Arm Giveaway. Only 1 month and 2 weeks left!
Click over HERE for more Design Wall Monday Postings in Blogland. It's Judy L's day on the QM Blog Hop too.
HERE is the Link to go to the Quilty pleasures Blog.
The mystery quilt is looking good. Love the commission quilt, lots of fun, bright colors!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, as usual!
ReplyDeleteCheery wave!
Bev
Oh I like your layout on the mystery quilt -- but it will be fun to see the final clue, too! The star you've started if beautiful!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, that commissioned quilt is stunning, Mary. I don't love paper piecing, either, but sometimes you just gotta do it! : )
ReplyDeletePutting some shirt sleeves in the mail to you today!
I LOVE that star block with such fun colors. You do such great work!
ReplyDelete