Friday, February 22, 2013

It's FRIDAY- I'm so Ready for the Weekend

I am getting my stuff together for the 3 NEW quilts I'll be starting at the Quiltmaker Block Party in March.  I'm taking classes from Bonnie Hunter, Debbie Caffery and Jo Morton.  I found a bunch of Jo Morton fabrics in my Civil War stash.  They are in the 2nd picture. In the first picture are just part of the strips I need for Bonnie Hunter's class. I need more neutrals and have yet to cut the other two colors I want in this quilt.  She suggests Cheddar and RED, I'm thinking Yellow and Pink.  She uses the Easy Angle and Companion Rulers so they are on top ready to use.  I'm getting so excited to go and meet these 'famous' quilters plus the other Quilters who will be there.  These 3 will also be our Guest speakers.

 Temecula Quilt Co  Judie Rothermel 25th Anniversary SAL final row was posted this morning and the Finishing directions this afternoon. I got the last 5 blocks cut out and sewn. They were simple 9-Patch Blocks. Here are all my blocks.  I get to decide on sashing and borders next.
 I found this BIG box on my porch when I went to check the mail this afternoon.  It's the box to put Grandpa's Flag in.  The bronze Army emblem came ahead of the Box, I'll wait and let Paul open it.  Thanks to our Army Son for ordering it for us. When he comes home to visit he will re-folded the flag for us.

I'm excited for the week-end since the week has been non-stop for me.  I'm still working on the parts for the Block of the Month Alternate Blocks so I can put my quilt together once I finish all the Blocks.  I need to unsew or re-make one of mine already.  The pink I put in one of my Blocks screamed at us on the wall. Lynn's block is shown in the picture.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have so much fun at the Block Party!
    Love your Temecula blocks. I still haven't sewn row 4 or cut row 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at you!! You're really going to have it going on in March, aren't you??! Did you use the kit from the Temecula quilt? One of the gals in my stitching group did and the fabrics were beautiful! I love Judie Rothermel's fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com