Here's some Progress Pictures for my Wednesday posting. First my "The Romance Continues" BOM-
| "Engagement Party" |
On Tuesday I made the Block (above) and a few of the Alternate full and half-Blocks. I'm ready to sew on the sashings and cornerstones onto each block and watch this quilt grow. I'm really loving making 12" Blocks this year! I'm half done with the main blocks, not counting the one with pink that is in process of being sewn again with the correct fabrics.
Next up- EASY STREET aka: "Busy Street"
The center of this quilt is finally together. I saw that one of my Blogging WASIQ buddies- Judy D was sewing on her Easy Street yesterday. I had to take some time-out to watch Bonnie Hunter on Quilt Cam. Not to be outdone, I sewed until mine was together (into the weee hours). Now I get to choose some border fabrics and I'm thinking I'll use up some of the 'spare' parts for a pieced border too.
Last but not least my SAL from Temecula Quilt Co.This one needs one more fabric for the top and bottom borders. I like the stripe that I fussy-cut for the side borders. WHEW and this is just Wednesday...


Fantastic results on so many things! Go Girl!!
ReplyDeleteOMG so many wonderful projects becoming quilt tops! Love your busy street...makes me itchy to get mine sewn together!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your BOM, Mary. Coming right along!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting Busy Street together (is that what you are naming it, or were you just being funny?). I only have 6 blocks made. : (
Good job on Temecula's SAL. Are you using a different fabric for the top and bottom borders, or cutting more of the stripe?
I just put the borders on mine last night. You'll be seeing it soon.
I love, *love* the colors in your "The Romance Continues" BOM -- how pretty!! And LOL to your rename to "Busy Street"!! Wow -- you've been stitching up a storm, haven't you?!? :)
ReplyDelete