Wednesday, May 1, 2013

UFO Wednesday Link -up

I almost forgot that it was UFO Wednesday. Thanks to Pam in KC, I got a reminder.
I must have been too excited to get my Quilts taken down to Pendleton and writing my Design Wall Monday and Get it DONE posts this week.

It's a good thing when the project doesn't get put into a tote at my house and become a UFO. I have way too many of those.  See THIS POST.  I had a bit of trouble trying to locate them all to put in one photo.  I didn't get this one included in the photo that day. I finally got all the DIES I needed to make the Applique Blocks. Now I decide on the pretty colors. Fabrics shown may or may not be found in the finished quilt 


Today, in keeping with my GOALS from yesterday...I'm getting out my Go BABY fabric cutter and playing with the BABY Girl Quilt for Brant and Tina. It is a COPYCAT of the one Tina fell in Love with from the McCall's Quilt Design Star Contest I was in.  This was the Challenge 2 Quilt made with 9 of the 10 Fat Quarters given to us by McCall's. HERE is a link to the big REVEAL post from 2011. It shows the process of how I made the original. Doesn't it just look like SPRING?!!!!

My quilt for this Grand-daughter will be a proto-type for my Go-Friendly pattern that  I hope to submit to the ACCUQUILT Co using the Go Baby.  Using the BABY Go Cutter that I got from the Sponsors of the McCall's Contest will make it easy for me to get it all cut out. I'm choosing bright colors and using Fusible for the applique. I want to quilt it like Natalia did for me.  It was worth the $$ for me to have it quilted by the daughter of the FIRST WINNER of the McCall's Quilt Design Star Contest. They BLOG together and show a lot of fun projects HERE.
I know I'm a Broken record ---but I really hope to have a NEW quilting arrangement by the time I get ready to quilt these 2 Baby Quilts.  For now, I can only quilt like Natalia in my dreams...

Click HERE to see the other Quiilting Bloggers who have linked up their UFOs this week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary you amaze me. Always plotting and planning wonderful, grand projects--even with a disabled hand! Good luck to you, and I can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Thanks for reminding me what it looked like! So cute! Are you using the same colors? (You said bright colors! That's good!) Wish we could bring the boys over for balloon stampede! But, just a month later and we'll be there to enjoy those walks and books!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com