Monday, December 2, 2013

Design Wall Monday/ Bonnie Mystery Link-up - December 2, 2013

 I woke up early Saturday morning to get started on my Celtic Solstice Mystery with Bonnie Hunter.
The clues stated Friday Morning HERE.  Bonnie gave us a good excuse to skip the Black Friday Shopping!
I cut everything out on Friday, so I was ready to just sit and SEW Saturday while Paul was at work.
There are 2,156 members making the quilt or following along as we make the quilt over on Facebook.

I stacked them up with the triangles in the middle.  As I used the right side triangle, they were cut in pairs, I put the left one over to go on next. I did press between sewing the second triangle on. 
See my chain piecing?
 My sample blocks, finger pressed.
 I only flipped a couple of the Neutrals wrong and had to un-sew. Not bad for how many I made.

I'm making the smaller size, A king size would require a LOT more sewing.
I want to see how far the 1 yard of my neutral will go. Maybe the next time a neutral is called for I will switch to one that is similar if I can't find more of this one.  It's an Anna Griffin fabric from last year.
The Georgette Christmas Collection Pattern # 30800
The Red is Nancy Halvorsen's Bittersweet
The blues are all scrappy, I had to use more of the Moda Marble Swirl in Blue. 
(I have it in Green too)
There is some of my Favorite Quilter's Shades and some Fairy Frost.
 I even found some Ricky Tims fabric in my STASH that works.

                            Neutral and Blue Tri-recs x 92              Red and Blue Tri-recs x 96

I am done with this one until Friday's next clue.  
That means I have time to make my "Quilty Fun" Blocks of the Week.
Yes, I know I'm crazy, but it keeps me off the streets shopping.

It's time to Link-up with Bonnie for the 1st time on this Mystery.  
Click HERE to see the colors everyone has chosen to make their Celtic Solstice.
Go check them all out. Some are in Bonnie's same colors and some are getting out of the box.


There might be a few others linked up HERE with Design Wall Monday Posts making the Mystery too.

5 comments:

  1. Good job, Mary.
    I will enjoy watching everyone else make this one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great. I'm going to spend today getting mine completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I have a blue called Fairy Frost too that I'm using for this. Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors, I am making the smaller size too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are wonderful. I'm not doing it, but I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com