Sunday, May 29, 2022

Memorial Day Weekend

It's the weekend we remember those who fought and died in the service of our Country. 
I remember those in my life who served and loved our country.
We drove to Moses Lake, the 1st time to take flowers to the Cemetery since we returned.
Yes, I'm as tired as I look!


  
I didn’t have any roses blooming yet in my garden so I had to buy them.
Red roses for my Momma and Yellow for Paul’s Mother.
I forgot to take a can to hold water for Mom's.
The bracket Pete made leaks water out.

We found all the graves that we knew were there but couldn’t find in other years. I put a flag on my father’s side of the bouquet for his service in the CCC’s. My uncles who served were true heroes in my life. While in Moses Lake we went to see the Spring Fling in McCosh Park. There weren’t any Spaceburgers this year, bummer for me. I had to eat a Wendy’s Jr Bacon Cheeseburger instead after we went to see the Temple progress. The Missionaries serving there are from Tennessee. They showed us the progress photos on a slide show. They said there isn’t a set date for the Dedication. When the Temple is completed they will go home and not be able to be there for the Dedication. There was a box with broken pieces of the Temple stone from Peru. The Apple Blossom to Bloom carving was meticulously done by one man who never carved a flower before this. His wife is a florist.
I brought a few small pieces home to share. 


The new Stake Center is almost done.
Cladding of the Temple stone continues.
It's a Process and all of the shipments have arrived finally.
On the way home we drove to where my Brother, Allan is buried.
I didn't know exactly where and we looked and looked.
As we were leaving, I stopped to ask the men who were putting away the shelter from a burial if they knew how to find where someone is buried?
It just so happens he knew and had a map on his phone with the locations.
6 graves down from his Grandma Cole... He graduated with Menno, my nephew.

2nd picture for reference next time we go.
His small marker was faded and covered with grass.
We will call and arrange for a marker now that we know how and where to place it.
We will attend Coy's Graduation this week.
His announcement came Saturday.

My Saturday started with a Nap and ended with me going to bed early!

Jacob and Janessa came to mow our lawn.
That got me motivated to get the tulips taken care of.
I used the clippers to cut off the stems and leaves.
Then I covered them with soil. I bought 12 bags at Home Depot.




It's raining again today and these flowers are loving it!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a very full weekend!
    We mostly spent it recovering from our trip. We head out to visit graves tomorrow morning. It is going to be a cold, rainy Memorial Day here, but at least there won't be snow, like there was 11 years ago. We built snowmen on a few graves back then.
    Cool that you got some leftover temple stone.
    Your yard looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com