Because I was home all week and not in California as planned...
My thoughts went to what can I do to make this week count?
My thoughts went to what can I do to make this week count?
There were many other things I could have done.
The beginnings of a Book Quilt from Jenny's Tutorial HERE
She used a Layer cake. I went totally from my scraps and STASH.
I watched it grow all week.
Which way should the books lean??
5 rows, ready to stitch together.
I moved them around a bit.
I loved making the Rose in the vase Block.
Rows all sewn- across.
I figured it would be easier to embroider the tiles of Books on the quilt in rows.
I spent a day stitching on the first row of books into the WEE hours.
I think I need a different stabilizer to avoid puckering.
What do you think?
DD#1 provided the Book Titles from her family.
She told me her NEW bookcases are more Gray than Tan, oops!
Maybe the shelves should be Gray.
I'm leaving the background Tan.
I had a whole bolt of the Tan fabric from Kona Bay.
I sort of looked like wood to me.
We were able to attend the memorial Services for Cary.
Family is Forever and I am so grateful for that.
Happy 1st day of Summer!!
My Grandpa William Brown was born on this day 139 years ago today.
You can go HERE and read more about him.
And a Handsome Prince named William also was born 40 years ago.





Way to make the most of the days you had not planned on spending at home. Looking really good!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT! So excited to see it. I like the wood shelves too. And the rose is amazing. You're the best!
ReplyDelete