Monday, October 31, 2022

Octo-BURRRR is Done!

 It's this Quiltville Fans Favorite Day!
Click  HERE 
To see the colors and Inspiration from this up coming Mystery!

I am excited as a kid in a Candy Store!
She included Purple! 
Time to go play in my Stash to find the Fabrics. 
I do have some Oranges I could use 
but might swap out that color. 
I'll wait and see after the 1st Clue on our Anniversary, November 25th.

This is my 12th Quiltville Mystery 
No, not all are completed, yet.
But here is a look at all of my versions 
through the years.

I first heard of Bonnie Hunter when Double Delight was introduced in 2005.
I was working at Hancock Fabrics
 and didn't finish it.


These blocks are in a tote, Somewhere.

I skipped a few between Double Delight 
and Easy Street, found in 
More Adventures with Leaders and enders.
I was so excited to meet her in 2013 at the Quiltmaker Block Party!
I finished my Easy Street 2013 to take with me.

Next up was Celtic Solstice -2014
I made mine in different colors, 
Lots of Christmas I spy fabrics in this one..
I started making a 2nd quilt- in her colors.

Grand Illusion in 2015 had me going cross eyed
Lots of Extra parts leftover from that Mystery.

Allitetare - started with Bonnie but a Flimsy until 2017
I loved doing the Scalloped edges.

En Provence' was created in my favorite colors!
I got to go to a PNW Retreat with her in 2017 
See all my Favorite Fairy Frosts in this Mystery?
I didn't make it the full size.

On Ringo Lake was finished in 2018
Not without a few nights with "Jack"
This Sashings were a nightmare on Francis Avenue.
I shared it a Trends in Portland that year.
Loved when I fiund the Candy Border fabric.

Good Fortune in 2019 looks a LOT like En Provence'
Same colors of my Fairy Frosts, adding in the black.

Frolic was started in 2019 as I was packing for our Mission.
I had  to "Quilt by Check"
and buy lots of that Aqua around the stars.
I veered way off the path making this one. 
Not Full Size and Not On Point.
2020 was the year the World shut down!
We worked all the way through.
 
Grassy Creek in 2021 got to Block stage and stalled
DH didn't know what P Day was for!
My Sewing and Quilting time ended up being for the Trail Center.
This one is in a tote waiting for the sashings.
I didn't want the Gray strings.
It will wait for me to deside how to finish it later.

That brings us back to the Now!
2022
Rhodedendron Trail is a flimsy.
I have a bunch of Flying Geese that may never be part of this Quilt.
Still deciding if it is BIG Enough.

It's big enough for this...
Happy Halloween from the #quiltyghost aka: Quiltingrandma
I have to play along with my 2022 Quiltville Mystery.
The glasses don't stay on very well.
Thanks to my dear hubby for taking my picture 😘

Stay Tuned for more Quiltiness...

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the journey through your years of Quiltville mysteries. You have done a bunch of them! I have only ever made 2--and not while they were still mysteries.
    Nice ghost costume for the Quiltin' Grandma! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com