Wednesday, May 27, 2009

#14 Grandchild is born

I spent the day at my quilt buddies house making quilt tops. I left to go and get us some lunch, came home to check e-mail and read that Tina was trying to have the baby today. I grabbed some more fat quarters to make the Bebe's quilt. I thought I had at least another week. I got the last two borders on Lydia's strip flower quilt and sewed a Noah's ark D9P quilt for guild in two weeks. I've never made one using the "bee-daisy" setting, as we call it, so I tried it both ways. The 2nd one needs to still be sewn together into the 9-patches and then cut to finish it. Then I made two Little Genius D9P's, one for Brant and Tina's 2nd son. I put a blue flannel on the back and got it pin-basted tonight. The regular setting on the 2nd one will be for here at G-ma's, maybe. I may donate it... we will see how it turns out after I quilt them. They look so different through the lens of the camera. It is now tomorrow and no word from Brant since 9:45pm our time. He said the Dr would be back at Midnight MDT to check on Tina again. I will wait patiently by the phone because I told him to call no matter what. Grandma isn't excited much... Brant called to let us know he is born. 6# 10 oz, 19-1/2" long. He will spend a couple days in NICU like his father did to clear his lungs. Keep him and his parents in your prayers. Good night!!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love Lydia's quilt!
    So cute!
    I'll have to see the others close up to judge them better.
    When will you go to visit Brant and Tina?
    Does the new boy have a name yet? I finished my project for him on Monday night except for the name and date part anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with NaDell!! Lydia's quilt it adorable!! Congrats on your 9th grandson? right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia's quilt is perfect. your so talented. Congrats on the new grandson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com