Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to #1 DD

I would never have started a Blog if it weren't for NaDell. I am happy to wish her a Happy Birthday from 'cyberspace" this year. I'm going on retreat and Dad is at Girl's Camp. She was born when we lived in Mesa, Washington. Our 3rd child, she has 2 big brothers. I was so happy to finally have a baby girl to curl her hair and make frilly dresses for... too bad she really didn't like her dresses frilly, but when she was little I got to choose them. She always got a lot of comments about her red hair and where it came from. I say she was sent directly from Heaven where my mom and Dad picked her out for me. That's why her name is so unusual... She was named after my mom in a way. I took the first two letters of NaOla, added Adell- capitalizing the "D' like the "O". She has had to correct people all her life to spell it right. Even the newspaper got it wrong calling her "Maybell". It's fun to look back at what she remembers about her childhood and see how she has grown. She does a lot of things like I did when I was in Umatilla, always busy serving others and volunteering. She makes life more fun for her family and all of us who know her and love her. Hope her day is a Happy one. I know 9 years ago how happy she was to get married on her Birthday. Congrats to Andy & NaDell, I'll never forget that Day! OXOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Mom! I've grown to like my name, but it is always interesting introducing myself to people because my name is so unusual. In all fairness, Kori started the first blog in our family though.
    Have fun on your quilting retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com