I had to wait to post until I had the pictures from the Quilt Camp
Today was the last day-
Bindings were attached, sewn down by machine and labels made ready to sew on by hand.
Jan E from Quilt Guild taught them to make the
"Double Slice Layer Cake"
from Missouri Star Quilt Company HERE
It was quick and easy piecing.
Each quilt reflected the personality of the Quilter.
The kids ranged in age from 12-17
There were enough volunteers for each girl to have a helper.
These quilts will be on display at our Walla Walla County Fair- Labor Day week-end.
I spent Thursday sleeping as much as I could after my ALL Night Quilting on my
2015 Row by Row Quilt. I'll have that on my Design Wall Monday.
It will be delivered to a shop where there isn't a winner yet on Saturday.
Linking up with QuiltShopGal HERE


Great quilts from the campers.
ReplyDeleteThe quilts are awesome! I have done 4-H quilt camps in the past and it was great to get it all done. I have also done more advanced 4-H groups at my house (one girl made a queen size radiant star) but I'm glad I retired last year! I was a 20 year 4-H leader. Have fun delivering your quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.
ReplyDeleteThey did a great job at quilt camp, and so did you. =) I'll bet that sleep felt good when it finally happened! I look forward to seeing your row quilt. Did I say that already before? =)
ReplyDelete