Monday, August 27, 2018

Design Wall Monday - MSQC

I enjoyed doing the Quilting on this Project.
It is a class coming up in October.  
I had to take a picture of it hanging
 off the Loft railing at 
Walla Walla Sew N Vac and Spas.
I have a multi-colored one started.
Linking up HERE 

It will be a very different week of Fair!
I have a Winner in the Blog-O-Versary Giveaway!
Lucky Commenter #6  Shauna from Texas has been contacted.
Her package will be mailed today.

I'm grateful that DH could drive me to Grand Coulee on Saturday..
We drove passed the home I grew up in.
So different from the house, I remember.
The White Picket Fence & Roses are gone.
More about the Roadtrip on Wednesday's Post.



7 comments:

  1. It is so funny you would mention where you grew up and it being so different. My Aunt just told me a week ago that she and my cousin decided to ask the couple who bought my father's farm if they could take a tour. She said it was a big mistake because everything has changed (not for the good). I helped me make up my mind not to want to go back for a tour. Our memories are better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I posted about your house on the other post comments. LOL OH that's just me being me! I love the basket quilt! That looks like it will be a fun class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your quilt and Mary, did you hand quilt it? I had a similar experience with my childhood home. My mother had an extensive flower garden in the front with rose bushes, etc.and a very large poplar tree. The new owners cemented over the whole thing to make an extra wide driveway; I thought it looked horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first three childhood homes are gone, as in demolished and the fourth (and last) one is extremely run down. Does that mean I am old? :) Nice design with the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pinwheel baskets in a very nice design. Hope you get a full class.
    Well, my Mom still lives in the home where I grew up. They moved there the year before I was born, and rented it out the one year we lived in LA. My folks never moved again. Both of my parents were moved around constantly as children of the depression. They wanted to raise their family in a place where they could sink their roots deep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My childhood home got demolished for a freeway "cutoff" from my home town to Bothell, WA many decades ago. When I was around 12 I remember the highway department coming to tell us that they would be doing that. Within a couple years the many acres across the street that had been in strawberries sprouted a housing development! I thought what a waste of good lumber since the highway fill would be covering most of it. Then I went off to college, when I came home for thanksgiving my parents had moved and the highway department had the house torn down. I surveyed the foundation slab and thought how small the house had been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't recognize my pretty little childhood home if I didn't know the street address. It's changed so. It makes me sad, but just for a second. I love saying "Walla Walla" in my head! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com