Monday, November 8, 2021

Monday Again

 I haven't done a Design Wall Monday since I returned.
This post won't be one either.

I'm happy to be home and finding more time to Sew.
 I Missed my Quilt Zone while I was gone.
The most Quilty thing I did last year was go to Antique stores and take pictures of Quilts.
It was fun to see all the Quilts displayed at the Antique shop I visited with Sister Bennett.
Here are just a few.  So inspiring.

 Always fun to see Sun Bonnet Sue

Appliqued & Embroidered Ladies.
Two Quilts with Pink!


 Double Wedding Ring and a tricky hand Pieced block, can you identify it??



 Cross-stitch Baskets, probably a Kit Quilt

A display well-loved utility Quilts


 More well-loved Quilts

Hard to get a good picture of this Broken Star




This border was a great addition to the Signature Quilt.

Cute Butterflies and a heart and squares quilt, (Not old)

Quilt behind glass and under glass, fun stitching on the Dresden Plate.


Things that make you go HUH???




Dolls from a forgotten time, but we remember.
Shirley Temple and a Bride Doll, Did you get one?
This one looked like the one my Sister got.


Pick the Doll you want, lol
Not finding the one I always look for.


Pictures from my Childhood

 Statue of Pinky
Re-purposing old Jewelry and a Nut Bowl
I remember cracking nuts at Christmastime.
Sister Bennett took home a Tea set that had the Night before Christmas on it.
I liked this one, it didn't come home with me.


Older Singer 15 with Pretty Decals and a Dusty, New Home Treadle



 Lots of Toy Machines under lock and key.

I did bring a few treasures home.
It was a great trip down Memory Lane for Pat & I.
We ate at the little Deli there. 
Half of a Hot Roast Beef and peppers and Potato soup for me.
This was Pat's plate.
Have you heard of Shoepeg Salad?

Did you see anything that you would have taken home??

3 comments:

  1. I don't know the name of that tricky quilt block.
    Never have heard of Shoepeg Salad--interesting.Price and condition would play into it, but I don't know that I would have brought any of it home, though some quilts would be tempting. I have to restrain myself there. :) Always fun to look, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the antiques. I might have been tempted by one or two things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many pretty older quilts. Those are what I would have wanted. The old dolls, yes, my late twin sister and I had similar ones. Fun stroll down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com