This is me, eating a Homemade German Chocolate piece of cake.
Had to make it myself and add a candle.
Lots of Flowers, Calls, Texts and Mailed greetings for me this year.
2 years on the Mission I missed being with family.
Our youngest DD and her 2 sons went to dinner with us and brought me this new outfit in the photo.
I spent the day doing what I wanted mostly.
Played a bit of Quilt Yoga with the Quiltville Mystery.
Thought of going with a straight setting.
I'll definitely make my sashings a little wider than the pattern.
I'd need a lot more of the alternate blocks.Here's half on Point with the alternate Blocks I've made so far.
I'll work on the setting triangles and sashings next week.
I couldn't find my Portable Design wall today so I had to clear the floor.
Fun book I borrowed from our Quilt Guild Library this week.
I was the only Birthday in attendance.
"Happy Birthday, Dear Quilter", they sang.
These two CD's came in the mail this week.
This beautiful handmade card came from Omaha!
Thanks to Sister Pat Bennett!!
I love the sentiment -"Precious and few, are friends like you"
I miss the people from the Mission, but not being away from family.
My week was busy with Quilt Guild, a Dental appointment to fix a broken tooth and a trip to the eye Doctor to have an eyelash taken out of my lower lid, it was poking my cornea.
I'll leave you with this pretty Photo I took of the Temple this week.



Happy Birthday Mary. Your German Chocolate cake looks yummy. And your quilt project is going to be lovely.
ReplyDeleteI have two of those Grandmaws blocks and love to thumb through them
ReplyDeleteLooks like you were well treated for your birthday. That was my favorite cake as I was growing up--what I always wanted for my birthday!
ReplyDeleteYour Quiltville Mystery looks wonderful!