Friday, August 30, 2024

Happy Fri-Yay - Walla Walla Fair and Frontier Days

We went to the Walla Walla Fair and Frontier Days 
Wednesday was Free Day until 3pm. 
I bought tickets to see Martina McBride. 
Here we are in the Grandstand seats.

Opening act
Cody Bebee and the Crooks 
from Yakima. 

Martina didn't disappoint!

Our Funnel cake was super yummy too.

On the way out we stopped to watch the sea lions 
Jump up to pose. Here they wait for their 
reward of a fish!
$20 is too much for a photo op with them.

The best things was seeing the Quilts. 
I saw them before the crowds got there. 
Loved this frame set- up
There weren’t as many Quilts.
I didn't get any entered.

The clothing display.

A vintage machine, oh my Heart!








Good job to whoever set this up.
I'm so glad I don't have that job anymore!
No monitoring of the Quilts makes me
A bit leary of entering.

Have a great Labor Day Weekend,,,

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time at the fair. My hubby is bummed that I really can't eat fair food, so I don't want to go there for dinner anymore, like we used to years ago.
    Looks like there were still a fair amount of quilts (pun not intended). I helped in the quilt department again at our fair, and we had 60 entries this year. I know that is less than many other years. Ours used to be displayed in wall to wall glass cabinets. But a few years ago they tore down that old building and the new one offered no such protection--and there was no one watching them. Now they hang them along a long wall, and have tables in front of them, so it would be hard to reach them, but I think they have a plan to install a new display system that would keep them out of reach. I would be leary of entering, too, if people could handle them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com