Hanging out at Mom/Grandma's
NaDell wanted to come and hang out today. I started the day early -drove across town 3 times, delivering the Raffle quilt to the EXPO, paid some bills, ordered some pics at Walgreens, picked up a friend's son at the WWCC, and then came home and they were here. We visited a minute or so, Looked at the new Pictures that she brought me of Elizabeth and decided it was time for Lunch. I've bragged about the Cookie Tree that we have here in town. It is only open for Lunch so we HAD to go there...
Elizabeth asked if they had anything else besides 'cookies'. We all ate and got the yummy treats, plus brought home some day old crusts for Grandpa. We like the homemade Whole wheat bread that they make each morning. Even the day old is still good!
Olivia took a tumble on her way to the vehicle. Even the cookie didn't make it better. Thankfully "Miss Prepared" had some band-aids in her glove compartment. When we got home the girls went outside and Vincent took a nap. NaDell and I laid out her blocks that she has been working on, on the double bed to see what it will look like.
Counted and figured she needed a few more blocks so we didn't get it all sewn together like she had hoped. I'm very pleased with her desire to make a quilt. She has learned some good tricks and I tried to show her a couple more. I couldn't find my 1/2 square Triangle ruler though so I couldn't help her to use her fabric that she cut too narrow. She even showed me how to link other peoples sites to the message in my Blog. That will help when I do more of the quilt-a-thons and Mystery quilts. I edited the previous post to link to Cindy's blog site.
Grandpa came home from work earlier than usual so there was time to take a walk to Pioneer Park. It was a fun day and the girls tired grandpa and grandma out. Youth is wasted on the young!
Thanks for your help!
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time.
I like how that quilt looks even better in the picture.
Thanks for playing.
looks like you guys had fun!!! that picture of Vincent and Dad is frame- worthy!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I wish we were there. I am getting cabin fever. Can't wait for tax season to be over!
ReplyDeleteI know I couldn't keep up with little ones anymore -- I don't have grandchildren yet (still too young:) but sounds like you have a great day. I like the color choices for the quilt too -- I haven't ever made a split nine patch -- probably because you can't strip piece it!
ReplyDelete