A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Monday, May 17, 2010
Impromptu Family reunion
My Brother, Derlyn called me and woke me up this week and said, "You want to buy me dinner?" I asked when and where, we'll be there. I didn't buy dinner but we did get together as many as could. We arranged to meet at the Golden Corral in Moses Lake. Sadly we were missing our brother who finally is in Moses Lake, not across the state, we thought he'd be able to make it. He didn't! It wasn't easy for us either. Paul had to work until 4:40pm so we couldn't even get there until after 6:30. Moses Lake seems farther away. I'm happy we went, it was a good visit.
This is a picture of our Eldest Brother, Allan. He has had a very tough road lately. He had the same Stomach Cancer surgery that our mother had in 1977 that ultimately took her from us. He has not only survived but has lost a lot of weight and is here to tell the story.
It's been way too long since we saw each other. The last picture I have of the 5 of us was in Nampa, Idaho when our Grandma Waite died. That was in 1997.
I have to say we look a little older but hopefully better. I love them even though we live far apart. At least we are all still in the same state.
My Mom's worst fears have come to pass. It is very sad to me. I see it happening in my own family and it hurts! Missouri, Idaho and Ohio are too far away. Can I say it now...all I want for Christmas is EVERYBODY home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(177)
-
▼
May
(13)
- Monday Design Wall 5-31-10
- Mini Quilt Swap and Candy Kisses
- Monday Design Wall 5-24-10
- Saturday fun...
- "Blogger's Quilt Festival"
- Monday Design Wall 5-17-10
- Impromptu Family reunion
- Things to make me smile... LONG!
- "Blogger's Quilt Festival" coming up soon!
- Monday Design Wall 5-10-10 BOM
- Balloons & Mother's Day -Walla Walla
- Monday Design Wall 5-3-10
- Krazy Horse Quilt Show
-
▼
May
(13)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
I hear ya about family being so far apart. My Dad and step Mom moved from the area to Texas last October (long story) and now my Dad's Parkinson's has gotten worse but he is too far away for me to be any help! I truly hate it!
ReplyDeleteSo nice that you got to see your siblings.
We'll be there Mom!!! :)
ReplyDelete