Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Design Wall 5-10-10 BOM

On my Design Wall Monday this week I have added the setting strips and squares with the sashing stars. The fabric I bought at the Quilt show really didn't play with the pinks in the blocks so Lynn and I auditioned other fabrics last week and I got them all cut. This week I get to sew them all together and maybe have the top ready for Guild on Tuesday evening. I wanted to make sure this is what I want. Taking a picture and looking through the camera's eye I can see if these fabrics appeal to me and play well together. I like the way the green striped sashings with the pink stars brings the colors out in the paisley I used as the main color in the blocks. It's a little brighter than I thought but the other green just didn't show off the stars as well. Posting the picture on my Blog means I'm committed to sew them together. It's kind of like being a mother. When everything is right with the world the Children play nice, right? What do you think? Are my fabrics playing nice this week? Thanks Marti Michell for the templates that made the cutting so easy... Check out other Design Walls at Judy L's Blog patchworktimes

4 comments:

  1. I think those colors look very nice. Just for the heck of it, you might try sticking a green square in the center of the sashing star. It might give it a woven look or it might mess up everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does this mean you won't be coming to the bridal shower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! drives me nuts when I buy fabric for a quilt and then it doesn't work. I am always amazed at how much better/different/worse a design looks thru the camera lens-it's a great tool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design wall creations! 8-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com