Friday, July 11, 2014

Catching up - A Little Blue

I had to play in my Blues this week.  After I counted all the BOW's that I missed making.
 I was inspired to sew up some Blue and White Blocks.  Lots of Itty Tiny pieces and "Y" seams included.
 My Quilt Buddy, Lynn, should be proud of me. I didn't just choose the 'easy' ones.
 Honey Bee, Broken Path, Blockade, 
Broken Window, California, & Campfire 
I wanted to lay them all out again to see how the different shades of Blues are showing up.
Just 9 more blocks and I could sew the top 3 Rows together.

The EQ7 Layout Chart has been updated on the sidebar.  

I had hoped to go to Sisters, but Paul's common sense prevails once again.
Have a great Week-end!  It's gonna be a scorcher here.
Paul has been watering early and he trimmed the Big Pine Tree in the back yard.


It's fun to see the new Blooms on things outside. Hope they survive the heat wave.
My New Cala Lily & Tomatoes below
104 High Temp predicted for Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mary the blocks look fabulous! Way to work those harder blocks in so you don't have all of them at the end. Save the easiest one for last.
    It's going to be so hot! I refuse to complain about it though...but I am lucky enough to have ac units that keep my house comfortable. But I won't be home, I'll be where little kids run in and out all day long. LOL It will be fun and we will play in water. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa--does it ever really get that hot there?
    Sorry you don't get to go to Sisters. It used to be on my bucket list, but I'm not so sure anymore. Seems so much of it is going modern and I don't know if it will be worth the trip to me. I'm just not a modern gal. : )
    You are making good progress on your blocks and they look really good, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue and whites look great... my favourite was the one top left which may be the honey bee. Funny to think of the hot temps there..... we are in the midst of winter down under lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com