It was a good night at Quilt Guild for me.
After doing the Block Lotto all these months it's nice to WIN
I was disappointed back in December when I won just two blocks.
It has really helped to provide a common piece of fabric this year.
I had to lay them out on my floor as soon as I got home.
Because a few Blocks had Batik and cotton Poly fabric -I can't use those blocks.
I will have to make a few more Green ones. OR maybe take out the green ones to make a separate quilt.
For August I chose a fabric WAY OUT of my Box.
It was interesting to find something to go with it in my Stash.
There weren't many Block patterns in the Q section
HERE is the link to this month's Lotto Block- "Quatrefoils"
Our Potpluck & Silent Auction went well too. A few Donated items went for a LIVE Auction.
I was tempted to buy some other stuff, but only brought home a few things.
I couldn't pass up an Eleanor Burns Pattern Book, a few remnants and a bag of scraps.
The 'Portrait of a Quilter' could be an idea for the Quilt Show Theme Contest in September.





Did the blocks have both batik and cotton poly in them? I am all for mixing batiks and regular cottons! I know batiks aren't your favorite though, but I like mixed quilts! I can understand not using true cotton/poly though.
ReplyDelete