At Guild last week we chose a baggie with a couple of Crayons.
The RULES say:
Pick your Crayons NO PEEKING!
Use these two colors as your main colors in a 12 1/2" square (unfinished) Quilt Block.
Bring to the JUNE Guid Meeting .
We will Vote for a Favorite.
There will be a PRIZE!
How can I pass up this Challenge?
It just ONE BLock!
How hard will that be?
Here are my Crayons
Flamenco & Marrow
Just Pink & Brown, really.
Perfect colors for me, lol
That reminds me of a Story.
Listen up KIDS!!!
When I was growing up, my Daddy asked me what color to paint the House?
Being a Pink Loving little girl- I said "PINK!"
Not only did he paint the house Pink- He bought PINK fixtures for the Master Bathroom.
SAD I can't find any pictures of the house when it was Pink.
My Daddy took pictures of his Flowers and they were all around the White Picket Fence.
Why did we pose outside without the House in back??
Here are some fun pictures of me that I did find from the 1960's.
Living at the house on the Dead End Road.
![]() |
| POPCORN boxes- Daddy cleaned the Theater, I got leftovers |
![]() |
| Eating outside on the table my daddy made for me |
![]() |
| Wearing a Lei my parents brought home from a Party |





Wow--your Dad painted the house pink? That was a devoted Daddy!!
ReplyDeleteMy Dad had a burgundy sports coat with navy and burgundy plaid pants, back in those days. Wouldn't our Dad's have made a splashy pair? : )
What nice memories. Wow, a pink house. One of my dad's rental houses had pink kitchen appliances back from the '50's. Your dad must have been really wonderful. I do remember those men's sport suits with the (often) coordinating plaid pants. Leisure suits? Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteI think Lydia looks just like you in the photo of you at the table. Good stories!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great relationship you had! A little spoiling is a good thing. =) Those crayons do look good together - I remember your last year's crayon challenge!
ReplyDeleteMy grandmother had a pink house! Her bathroom had lavender tile and fixtures. I think I got my love of purple from her. She painted her rental house pink too! My mom inherited the rental and repainted it and when the main house sold it was also painted by the new owners.... LOL Funny thing, there was another pink house in town right at the very end on the way to Lewiston. The house is gone but there is a boat launching area there and it's called Pink House Hole! For real, there is a sign and everything!
ReplyDeletePink and brown would work for me too. I look forward to seeing what you do with it. Do people get really creative with their blocks?
ReplyDelete