It came up in my Facebook Memories.
Today 11 Years ago I was notified that I was a Top 10 Finalist.
2011 was a year of starts and finishes for the McCall's Design Star Contest.
I watched the process of Natalia Bonner's Mom, Kathleen in 2010
It started in May 2011
Entry Challenge
"Roses for Roma"
Using Fabrics from our Mother's STASH.
The Pattern is original from Lynn and I.
Sew Fun to fussy-Cut the Roses.
Quilted with Sweetheart Panto.
Challenge # 1
"Be-Ribboned Asterisk"
We could add 1 other fabric.
Inspired by Floor Tile at a Quilt Shop in Baker, Oregon
Quilted by Natalia Bonner 'Piece and Quilt'
Challenge #2
Using 2 Blocks chosen by McCall's
Shoo-Fly and Arrowhead
I used the Arrowhead Blocks in the center,
Shoofly for the inner Border and
more Shoo-fly blocks around.
I used Shoo-fly for the the final Border too.
I named this one...
"Shoo-Fly, Don't Bother Me"My Friend Marlene and I made the local Newspaper in August
Challenge #3
My Quilt that Sings
My Quilt that Sings
Challenge: use lyrics from a well recognized song to be inspired,
let it represent you as a designer.
"How Much is that Doggie In the Window"
The Challenge Quilts did NOT have to be Quilted.
Dedicated to my childhood Puppy, Curly.
3-D 'Dog Bones' in the Corners and Prairie Points to finish the edge.
Quilted on a Borrowed Bernina from Stash.
I quilted in the ditch and did meander in the border.
Long story Short-
My desire for a NEW Machine, cause the one I was using didn't do what I wanted.
Entered in the Walla Walla Fair and got a Blue Ribbon.
I sent this one to be Quilted by Natalia.
See how Happy I was to get it back?
2011 was an eventful Year!
2011 was an eventful Year!
Enriched by my Quilting Swaps, Contest Entries, Newfo's, Leaders/enders,
Mysteries and Designing Quilts in EQ.
Getting Published in McCall's Magazine didn't happen.
But, Our Pictures and Bio's and Challenge Quilts are there.
Thanks for Reading and Commenting.
I missed my Blog-O-Versary
Next week I'll figure out a Giveaway and Post.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.
Note: I don't share any of your Private information!