Saturday, March 1, 2025

Happy National Quilting Month ❤️


Day 1 Introductions 

Born and raised Washington State. I am the Baby of the Family. Yes,I am Spoiled.

Grew up under a Quilt.  We always had a Quilt on when Grandma came to Visit. 
LooSome were  tied with yarn.

Been quilting myself since High School. I made my Clothes in Junior High. 

I needed warm Quilts to take with me to Rick's College. (now BYU-Idaho) watch for that Throwback picture coming up.

I love to participate in  #igquiltfest

As a newlywed I watched Eleanor Burns, Alex Anderson and others on PBS. On a tiny Black and White TV. Meeting quilty Friends and teachers was fun. I met Eleanor Burns at Sew Expo! 

I joined a Block of the Month in Pasco at Hancocks, learning from my favorite, Jo Fox! Made my First Block of the Month and Stitched on the Ditch. I was hooked!

I joined Quilt Guild when I moved to Walla Walla.

I worked as the Assistant Manager at the Walla Walla Hancocks doing the Block of the Month.

I started my Blog after our Hancocks closed and got a Quilt Buddy to sew and Quilt. 

Since then I have joined the Quiltville and My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe and Kimberbell and Missouri Star Communities. The Riley Blake Garden of Quilts is a great Destination in the Fall. 
Visiting MGQS was a highlight for me. 

Going to MSQC Birthday Bssh and doimg the Cake Walk with Jenny Doan for Quilty prizes - Sew Fun!!

Social Media has helped me be involved in more activities.Now that I'm retired, I should have more Sewing/Quilting Days.My sew days are more fun with friends.. The best part is Sharing the love of Quilts with the next Generation.

I gave away 38 of my Quilts last Thanksgiving.

I'm a Quilter from my head to my toes. Picture taken by the Quilt ladder built by my helpful hubby.  Forgot to put on my Glasses. I'm that old!

Thanks Amy's Creative Side, for this month of Prompts!!


#IGquiltfest2025

#introductions 

#quiltersofinstagram

#nationalquiltingmonth

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your quilting history. I love National Quilting Month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com