Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday- Quilt Show Fun

I had to get my Pictures uploaded to my laptop so I could Blog about my Utah Trip some more.
It's quite a process, and I don't know how to watermark my pictures yet on my laptop. 
My Computer is not worth the fixing,
I will be shopping for a way to save my data and get it on my new one.

Last Friday, I was going to watch the "Stitching Showdown"
And who did I see??
Jenny & Ron Doan visiting with the Quilters.


Natalia and her partner were Longarm Quilting a Wholecloth
Their theme was "Flowers"
Deonn and Debbie were among 4 competitors making a quilt top
from American Made fabrics, selected randomly

They called themselves the 'Quilting Divas'

Wendy, Sylvia and I did a class in the Spool School
Image may contain: 3 people, including Jay Turner, people smiling, people sitting

The Machines and pre-cut wedges were provided to make a Double Dresden Pillow Top.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting
Sylvia rode on the cart because of her hurt ankle,

Friday Evening  had a ticket for 
"On the Road with Jenny Doan" in Lehi 
 The traffic was stalled and I was a little later than I planned.
Thank goodness I had a reserved seat on row 3.

The Red and White Quilt she is holding is Jenny's Husband, Ron's 1st Quilt.
It's made from HSTS.
Ron calls it "Amplified" click HERE for the Tutorial at Missouri Star Quilt Company's YouTube.
See Ron on the right? 
 He was pulling more quilts out of his suitcase, lol

This is the GOODIE BAG included in the purchase of my Great seat...
A T-Shirt, Mod Quilts Pattern Book, Checkered Dresden Pattern, X's & O's Pattern, small Orange Peel Template, a Missouri Star Charm and the Purple bag. not pictured is the Lanyard.
To see more pictures I took- click HERE

 It was a fun time and I'm sew glad I got to go!
Back to 'real life' for a while...

Next week is Spring QUILT MARKET!
The Big Reveal of my "Secret Project" is coming.
You'll be able to finally see it!!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny and Ron are so down-to-earth, aren't they?
    Stitching Showdown looks fun.
    That is great that Ron is making quilts. Has he made others?
    Did you get to choose the purple goodie bag, or was that serendipity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a knock-out fun trip! I'm so glad you got to go and to have so much fun while you were there. That's a great goodie bag, too. Going to see your other pictures now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com