Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wild Wednesday, UFO # 8 for June

Clover Seam-ripper
aka: "frog- stitcher"
I pulled an all-nighter last night so today has been WILD!  I worked until I made so many bloopers I had to finally quit.  When you pull out the seam ripper it's time to go to bed...Taking blocks off the wall and turning them the wrong way plagued me all evening.  My Clover  "frog-stitcher" had gone missing so I had to use a different one. Un-sewing is not my favorite thing, but it is even worse when I can't find the right tool.   Lynn and I rigged up the nifty cover for it with a pencil grip and a ball-point pen cap.  We have showed it to CLOVER, but they having made a good cover for them YET! You should not have to ask why I need a cover on it... The forecast outside has been pretty wild too! Thunder and lightning, rain, hail...you name it.  Enough that my sewing machine light went out in the middle of my sewing project.  Time to put the sewing machine on a different surge protector. I found the good seam ripper now so I'm hoping I won't need it again.  I figured out what I had done that made the block look so wrong.
Judy L has chosen #8 as the UFO number for June and I have two stacks of blocks to make quilts with on the list.  My "Crayon" block's from a long ago Lotto at Guild.  There weren't enough of them to make a nice sized quilt.  The  second #8 on my long list is the Christmas Candy Blocks that I didn't finish when I made the Christmas Quilts for everyone except Jeffery.  He'll be home for his Birthday this year so it would be a good time to get them out and finish that quilt for him to use this Christmas.  It's been a VERY LONG time since he was home to Celebrate with the family.  The joined the ARMY in 2005, so at least 6 years. 

Other than that I just have a few other "Deadlines" this month.  3 weeks until the Voting starts again for the McCall's Design Star Contest.  My Challenge quilt is coming along, I don't want to rush it.  If I can keep from changing it again I think I'll be able to get it submitted well before the date it is due.  Until then it's still UNDER WRAPS!  TOP SECRET!  & Classified...

 Happy JUNE! Time for Graduations and Weddings and Birthdays!   The year is half over. [I've been corrected... after June the year is half over...]

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Mary, don't rush things. We have another 29 days till the year is half over, Time flies too fast as it is!

    Good luck with your two #8s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for birthdays!
    I always forget that you call your seam ripper a frog stitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I see the crayon block my mom made ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com