Brant, Tina and sons arrived in the weee hours of Sunday night. They drove through 'pea soup' on Cabbage hill to be here. What a way to spend his 29th birthday.
I stayed up uploading and scanning pictures so I could give him his gift to open when they got here.On the way into the building we stopped to have the 3 Crowther boys pose in front of the sign at Connell.
After the meetings the rest of the cousins joined in the tradition.
We have taken several pictures of the older Crowther Grandchildren posed here. Sunday there was 9 Grandson's- 1 Grand-daughter.
My four handsome sons!
Brant and Lee share the Birthday so we got a cake for the meal after the Church Meetings. Thanks Jed and Diana for feeding us so we could make it through the rest of the day...
The hobby horse with Big and Little kids on it...
Uncle Jed's BIG Teeter-Totter was a hit with the little ones too.
Later that evening was the viewing for Paul's father at the Funeral home in Pasco. It was an honor to greet all those who came. Many Family and Friends attended the viewing. Paul's Nash, Israelson, Neeley and Mangum Cousins were all represented. Even Aunt Berniece made the trip. We were glad that Grandma felt good enough to be there.
I wanted to take a picture with all the pretty flowers that were sent to honor him.
I took it from a distance- I know some don't like to see the open casket.
One of my assignments was to put a few pictures out by the guestbook sign in.
The slideshow in the digital frame didn't work as good as I'd hoped but I have the pictures all scanned and saved in one place now. It's been a busy week and I didn't have time to BLOG with all the early morning departure times. This was just Sunday. ...NaDell, DD #! BLOGGED about Monday- HERE.
Glad the boys could all go to Joel's talk on Sunday. Fun pictures. I remember plenty of those!
ReplyDeleteTender times, Mary. It is so good to get the family together to honor those who have passed on. Too bad we don't gather more often at happier times. Some of my cousins I never see until a funeral.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures of the gatherings in front of the church (they will tell a story through the years) and your grateful attitude toward all of reasons for gathering together.
ReplyDeleteAll is meant to be celebrated.
Thanks for the pics. Glad you guys could get together! The display of photos looks so nice. You did great! :)
ReplyDelete