I got out my Leader/Ender Bow ties from last year on Quiltville to add the sashings to the 9-1/2" blocks. I dutifully cut the sashings at 9"- so I guess it's back to finding another sashing that I can cut to the correct size.
I can't put my hands on the fabric I chose to use HERE, oh well...
There's always my Block of the Month that I need to sew on. You can see the first blocks from our class at Thread and Bolts HERE.
The 1st block is called "Champagne Toast".
I have my second Block ready to sew. It's called "Waltzing Together".
I like that the blocks are named for events in a wedding. Remember these are 12" blocks and I have Alternate Blocks to create the chain in the pattern. Lynn decided to give us the instructions for 2 Blocks a Month. I could have this one done before the end of the Year...at least to Flimsy, right?
DH brought home the Grandchildren sign I ordered at the Ransom-Made December event. I need to find a place to hang this and the "Crowther" Picture too.
Today is the 4th Birthday for my Grandson who celebrated on Saturday. DS #2 did send home the black eye patch for me. Here I am wearing it- trying to be a good sport. It's really not as bad as it looks. I'm not wearing the patch anymore.
I have another BIG Birthday party this week for 3 of the DD#1 Children. There's a 10 yr, 5 yr and 2 yr old at their house celebrating together.
Click over to Judy L's HERE
A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Monday, January 28, 2013
Design Wall Monday- January 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(182)
-
▼
January
(11)
- 2013 NewFO Challenge
- Design Wall Monday- January 28, 2013
- Saturday Slowdown and Catch-up
- Crowther Family Time
- Just Another Day...
- Design Wall Monday- January 14, 2013
- For those Curious Followers of my Blog...
- Design Wall Monday/Easy Street- January 7, 2013
- New Year- New Plans
- Getting it done- Quilting goals for 2013
- Easy Street -stitching it together
-
▼
January
(11)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
Oh, that is so frustrating when you cut things just a little shy without realizing it.
ReplyDeleteYour BOM blocks are very nice, Mary.
I bet the grandkids get a kick out of Grandma wearing a pirate patch! : )
I really like that second block. It just looks fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better now and see you this weekend.
Great sign. I'm so glad you have one (and there's even some room left for more grandchildren.)
I am forever cutting things too small ... or not cutting enough. *sigh* I love your eye patch -- what a terrific grandma you are!!! :)
ReplyDelete