I have to put down some thoughts into words today. Yesterday was my 56th Birthday. I had things on the calendar so I kept busy. That meant when I laid down to rest, my mind didn't stop thinking.
The day started with an early Birthday greeting from my dear husband followed by the news that his father, the quiet, giant of a man who with his loving mother raised him to be the man he is, had spent his last night on this mortal plain.
For the past 36 years he's been my Father too. I'm grateful for his example of perseverance and gratitude for all that he was blessed with. I cannot remember many times that he didn't express his gratitude to all of us for the many blessings he enjoyed. He told us that Family and our Testimony of the Savior was the most important part of life. Being part of an Eternal Family is a blessing that remains with us. There will be an empty chair at our gatherings from now on, but the memories will linger. All we take from this life is our intelligence and the relationships we had. He didn't go to College but he was taught through all his life the importance of an Education. He was a well read, hard working man. One of the saddest parts of growing old was losing his ability to read. I remember we gave him books for his birthday and Christmas among other things. He loved reading the Scriptures and Historical books.
We'll gather as a Family to say our last goodbyes for a while. Gone from this world- Forever in our hearts.
A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(182)
-
▼
January
(11)
- 2013 NewFO Challenge
- Design Wall Monday- January 28, 2013
- Saturday Slowdown and Catch-up
- Crowther Family Time
- Just Another Day...
- Design Wall Monday- January 14, 2013
- For those Curious Followers of my Blog...
- Design Wall Monday/Easy Street- January 7, 2013
- New Year- New Plans
- Getting it done- Quilting goals for 2013
- Easy Street -stitching it together
-
▼
January
(11)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
.jpg)
Mary, I was gone all day yesterday and so tired when I came home I fell asleep and didn't get to read and respond to your email. So sorry this great influence in your life is gone for now. So hard to let them go when we love them so much, but glad we know that it isn't forever. You will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I did get your birthday gift sent in yesterday's mail!
So sorry for your loss. Just said a prayer for y'all. Hope you find peace knowing he's in Our Father's arms.
ReplyDeleteI agree! I'm so grateful for the memories we have. =)
ReplyDeleteAgain, Mary, I'm so sorry for your family's loss -- I can tell from how you described him that he was a very special man. Sending prayers and hugs! :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your loss dear Mary.
ReplyDeleteJulie H.
Peace be unto you. May your fond memories bring you happiness through your loss.
ReplyDelete