I've been in my basement pretty much all week, partly because of the weather and because I was busy sewing on my "Secret Project". I'm nearly done with the top and am ready for another Sunny Day to get a good picture of it in natural light.
It has two boxes of attachments that are for sale too. I used to have an old Treadle and this one is pretty nice, if I had room for it and knew it would work it might have come home with me. I asked to look at the machine itself and it was made by a company called Wheeler and Wilson. I was interested to know if they had any other old Sewing Machines and was directed to a booth that had these two.
This first one is a regular table top portable machine made in 1881, a SINGER in the original box.
The second one is another Treadle made by the WHITE company. Isn't the decal pretty??!!
The next two are Children's sewing machines in the glass cases of collectables.
There were several Old Pickle Crocks. This one was one of the smaller ones. I had to take a picture of it.
Cute, but I didn't buy any of them...maybe someday.
I looked around for almost 30 minutes and even went upstairs to see what was there. I couldn't leave a couple of things without buying them. Here's what I did BUY!
Isn't this just perfect for a dolly Quilt? It has Sun Bonnet Sue on the pillow. I think I might have one or two dolly Quilts that might fit, but think I can make a vintage looking one to go on it. I got an Apron that is Purple and has some cross-stitching (Chicken Scratch) on it and a Doily.I will definately be going back in to visit this store... It was a nice break from my stay at home all day/week.
Is that baby doll sized? It will fit perfect in your grandkid overnight room. =) School's nearly out and we can start planning a night or two for the girls to come visit and quilt with you if you still want them to. =) They are all excited. I can send my machine too if you would rather they learn on mine. I guess I could call or email you...
ReplyDelete